Welcome to our crazy life!

27.1.12

Try this again starting with an update



Randomly I just looked at my blog and read through all the things I have forgotten over the years. I think I am going to give this another shot. Not so people will read it but so I can keep up with the silly and sweet things my children do every day.
Alittle recap-
October of 2010 we took Addie to San Diego. What a trip! It was the perfect time to take her on a big trip. Mommy wasn't in the best condition to go flying across the country at 6 1/2 months pregnant but we still had a blast. We really wanted to take her on a big trip just us three before we became a family of 4. We thought about Disney but I wouldnt be able to ride anything and she actually wasn't really into Princess or Mickey or any of that at that point so we decided to go do the Zoo. WHAT A ZOO! I cannot wait to take another trip there. It was great! We spent a week in San Diego, even driving up hwy 1 almost to LA (we had no desire to go all the way into LA though). We stopped at some beaches and played in the sand and watched surfers. Addie still talks about it and asks when we get to fly again!

That December I got the stomach bug two days before christmas and ended up in the hospital for fluids and meds. It was horrible! Christmas was not good as Addie (who had a touch of the bug earlier in the week) and I were so sick we didn't bake anything but one batch of cookies for Santa and barely ate anything. I was so sad because I wanted our last Christmas with just Addie to be perfect. At the time I was having a HARD time with the whole, 'how do I love two babies like I love Addie'. Now I just laugh at those times. What crazy things mommies put theirselves through. Christmas day we woke up to alot of snow. The weathermen had been forecasting it but we didn't really believe it. But it was BEAUTIFUL! And Addie was old enough (almost 3) to really remember her first (and maybe only) White Christmas. We did Santa presents, and I made breakfast for us and Gingy and Poppie and Uncle Cale then Addie and Daddy played in the snow while I rested.

January 2011- My BP started creeping higher and higher until I was told to not keep ellie anymore and rest as much as possible. It kept getting higher and I started having horrible headaches. Finally, my doctor had mercy on me and agreed to induce me on Jan 18 at midnight (well I guess it was jan 19). Anyways, we dropped Addie off at moms and I bawled all the way to the hospital. My sweet hubby prayed with me in the hospital parking lot and it was the sweetest prayer I have ever heard. After checking in, getting hooked up Graham fell fast asleep. Me not so much, I tried but I barely got any sleep. Dr. Reeves came in the next morning and broke my water and said she would be back later. I labored till about 11:30 then got the magic shot. WOOOHOOO I love those things! They take perfectly for me. My family was in and out and I was texting Miranda all day (who I thought was in Montgomery and couldnt make it). About 1:45 I rememeber looking at Graham with sad eyes because our entire familes were in there and he knew to ask them to leave. After they left my nurse checked me before she called for more drugs. I was at 9! So they rushed the drugs...thankgoodness and started rolling on getting my doctor in there. I was so lucky to have an old friend from church who worked there came in and helped us welcome Hudson Graham Hines into this world. I started pushing at 2 and he was out at 2:12! He was just perfect at 7lbs 12 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Graham went out and got Addie from the waiting room so she could be the first to see her brother. She loved him from the beginning. It was so precious to have that time in the room with just us four. I will never ever forget the complete feeling I had then, all was right with the world. Addie is such a great big sister. She has always taken good care Of our Huddy buddy. I absolutely adore my babies! We have gone through alot with Hudson as he had a milk protein allergy and acid reflux which we couldn't get control of until we took him to a GI doc, Dr. Devoid, who changed out lives. He made Hudson happy and I will forever be in debt to him.

We now have a beautiful almost 4 year old (tear!) little Princess and a Perfect Handsome 1 year old Prince!
(Did I mention Addie decided to cut her hair BY HERSELF right before Thanksgiving!!! She cut a Mullet and we had to chop it off. But it is just beautiful on her!)

0 comments: