Welcome to our crazy life!

4.1.09

Our Weekend

Saturday Graham, Addie and I headed to the mall to take back a few Christmas presents and get some things for her birthday party. It was a HORRIBLE day, it was cold and rainy not good weather to have our 10 1/2 month old out it! Anyways we went to Party City and got the plates, cups, napkins, and a few special things for Addie's Birthday party. All of which I am sure I will misplace by party time. It's basically going to be a princess theme. I'm PLANNING on making her cake (hopefully it will work out), I want to make a 3 tier pink cake. I am so excited about it but we will see how the run through looks.

After switching some jeans out for Addie and taking a few items back for Graham we decided to eat lunch at Red Robin. It was very good. Neither of us had ever eaten there and it was the first time Addie had "junk" food. She Really seemed to like it though.

Sunday we went to Red Bank Church of Christ. We have had some issues at our current church that never seem to resolve themselves so together Graham and I have decided to look around. We started at Red Bank because I have always loved the church that meets there. They were so welcoming this morning, it seemed like everyone introduced themselves. I felt very comfortable. Addie was horrible during church and we really missed having my mom to give her too but we managed. After church I realized that there was a nursery she could have gone to, go figure! She will be making an appearance in there next week. Bethany, Chris and Tanner went with us this morning and it was nice to have them there too. Tanner was not even as close to as bad as Addie during church (probably because he went to sleep) but they went to class together and the teacher said they did great. Well............the first thing the teacher said when we walked in to get Addie was, "she sure does have an arm on her" I was so embarrassed. This week she has developed a bad problem of throwing things. Anyways, we really enjoyed it and we are probably going back next week. I am so excited and I haven't been excited about going to church in a long time. Graham really liked it too (he actually say a guy he works with and a friend from college there) and wants to go back. We need a place that has more people our age and Addie's age. I want her to grow up in a good, strong youth group like I did. I'm not so sure that's how it will be at Tiftonia. I love Tiftonia but there are things that I don't believe will ever change, I hope and pray they will but.............That's another post for another day.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Oh yeah.............one of my New Year Resolutions is to post atleast 2 times a week!

0 comments: