Welcome to our crazy life!

31.5.08

Inducement and Labor!




These pics are last pics before we became parents!
On February 6 I went to the high-risk doctor for a routine appointment. He was looking at the ultrasound and FINALLY said that he wanted to do an amniotesis the next week and if her lungs were okay they would go ahead and induce me. My placenta was aging faster than it was supposed to, my Amnio Fluid was very low, and my blood pressure started rising. I was scared to death, I heard that Amnio's hurt really bad and that most of the time they put you into labor. What if she wasn't ready and the Amnio made me go into labor? I was so upset, but after praying God comforted me and made me feel like everything was going to be fine. I have never felt so sure that God was going to take care of everything, it was like he was there holding my hand (which he was!). Graham and I went in for the Amnio and another doctor in the practice ended up doing it. WOW! it hurt like the dickens! It was very close to the worst pain I had ever felt up to that point! Graham brought me home and I was to lay down until the next day, I was only allowed to get up to go to the bathroom then right back to bed. I was told they would have the results that afternoon so at 1:00 I called to see if they were in, she said they were and that the baby's lungs look great! So I called Dr. Reeves office(my regular OB) and told them that Dr. Briery wanted to induce me that week. They scheduled it for Friday morning.

The next day was Valentine's Day! My mom took off work and came and cleaned my house. She is so wonderful, we spent the day going from room to room her cleaning and me just chatting with her, something I will always remember. That evening Graham and I ate a quiet candlelight dinner and tried to go to bed early. We both were so excited we couldn't sleep!
We got up early so we could get breakfast on the way to the hospital. We still were late but stopped at Hardee's anyway. Once we got to the hospital we were taken into the labor and delivery room and they started hooking me up. Soon after that my parents, and Dottie came up. It took forever for them to get me hooked up to everything, then Dr.Reeves came in. She said she was going to break my water ( I thought, great this will go fast........boy was I wrong!). Breaking my water was AWFUL!! It hurt so bad, and I remember thinking there is no turning back now. Dr. Reeves was about to leave and she said I will see you sometime after midnight........WHAT???............MIDNIGHT?? surely it isn't going to take that long. Shortly after that the nurses moved me to a larger room because there were so many people in there. We got in the other room and I started watching TV while mom and Dottie talked and read the newspaper. By that afternoon I started feeling the contractions and they started getting bad, I stood it as long as I could but finally around 3 I asked for some pain meds. They were great, they knocked me out and I got to sleep for a couple of hours. We had several visitors that day, my dad was in and out, Graham's aunt Margaret came and stayed awhile, Meghan came up and Jon came for awhile. By late afternoon Miranda had gotten there and I was so happy to see her walk through that door. We have definitely had our share of fights but if I ever need her for anything she is always there to tell me the true (like this IS going to hurt) and to hold my hand through it. It was so nice to have her medical knowledge, she told me what everything meant that the other nurses were saying. My pain meds started wearing off and I started shaking uncontrollably, and hurting really bad. The only way to get through the pain was to hold Graham's hand and look him in the eyes, it gave me comfort that I wasn't in this alone. HE IS SO AWESOME!! By 9 I couldn't take it anymore and I asked for the epidural. They got in there about 9:30 and sat me up to give it to me. Graham was so scared that it was going to hurt me and I would move or something, but I was in so much pain I would do anything for it to lessen. And man did it! That was the most wonderful medicine I have ever had. I was great after that. I got a second wind and was happy! By 4 am they checked me and said they were going to call Dr. Reeves because I was FINALLY at 7. When she got there, at about 4:30 she checked me and said that if I wasn't at 10 in an hour she was going to do a C-Section. I was kind of upset, I mean why go through this pain and not finish it out, but I was also ready for Addison to come out. When she came back in at 5:30 I was at 9 1/2 so she said they would get me ready to start pushing. After Graham and I had talked again we decided we were very tired and we didn't want anyone in there so we asked the nurse to get everyone out. After a few arguments everyone was out and it was just us. Graham was scared because he thought it would take too long and I was too tired to do this, and so was I, but I was determined to get her out FAST. I started pushing at 6 am and after one pushing Graham asked the nurse if this was going to take a while and she said yes so he went to the bathroom. When he came out they could already see her head. I pushed for 16 minutes with only 5 pushes and Miss Addison was here! She got checked out by the doctors and I got a COKE! I wanted one all day and no one would give me one, it was the best Coke ever! After everything was cleaned up Graham brought her over to me and let me hold her. She was so perfect, she looked just like Graham. Our families came in, mom, dad, randa, dottie, bobby and sam. We only had a few minutes in there before they would move me to the post pardum side so they took pics and then headed home to get some rest. Graham and I and miranda (she was helping me breastfeed) staying and looked at her for a few more minutes before they took her to get a bath and move me. We got into our other room and slept, or tried to, I was so excited. Even after 21 hours of labor I still had energy and I wanted to just play with her some more.
Several people came to the hospital to see us and we totally loved showing her off. Our perfect little angel, Addison Nell (after my grannie Nell the most wonderful woman ever).

0 comments: