Welcome to our crazy life!

31.5.08

Bringing Addie Home




As most of you know I had a hard time when we brought Addie home. I have never been so scared in my life. I was having a hard time with the whole breastfeeding thing. I wanted to do it so bad, but it just wasn't working. My milk never really came in (probably because of my breast reduction) and Addie wasn't in to it either. After 3 HORRIBLE weeks of trying very hard and being stressed to the max Dr. Stegall (Addison's Doctor) told me to stop if I was that stressed about it. I cried everyday and Graham was starting to worry about me. When she acting like it was no big deal to stop it was like the whole world was lifted off of my shoulders. I was happy for the first time since we brought Addison home. After that it was smooth sailing. I was a better mom because I was happier and Graham was better daddy because he wasn't worrying about me.
Don't get me wrong it was still tough, but a tough we could handle. Addison was a great baby, at the most she only woke up 2 times a night! We worked her schedule so that she would want to eat around 3:30 and 6:30 am. I woke up at 3:30 and fed her and Graham did the 6:30 feeding before he got ready for work. It worked out very well. At about 9 weeks I decided that since she took better naps on her tummy I would try it at night and she slept for like 7 hours that night! It only took till about 12 weeks to get her schedule to bedtime bottle at 9:20ish and her asleep by 9:45, and she wakes up about 8:30 or 9:00. IT IS GREAT! Graham still gets to play with her, we give her a bath, Graham gives her a bottle and puts her to bed then we get Our time back. Most nights you will catch us talking on our front porch till late, other nights we curl up and watch movies. It is so nice to have my husband back. Those first few weeks we were so tired we were lucky to have a 10 minute conversation before saying goodnight. All of our time and energy was given to Addie, which is the way it should be.

0 comments: