Welcome to our crazy life!

17.3.10

COUCH TO 5K

I have ALWAYS wanted to be a runner. I wanted to look like runner, and I wanted to just be able to go run several miles just for the fun of it. BUT I HATE running, with a passion..........Well I THOUGHT I hated running. Yesterday afternoon I was talking to Miranda (my sister) and she was telling me about couch to 5k program and how she really liked it. It's a 9 week program and is supposed to take even the most out of shape people and make them runners in 9 weeks. HAHA I thought....but after reading more about it (coolrunnings.com) I thought it seems doable WHY NOT?
I downloaded the App onto my IPOD, made a quick playlist and headed out. On my way to John A (the local track) I decided I needed one of those arm cuff things that holds my IPOD so I ran to walmart. By the time I got to the track I was STOLKED to say the least, I was SOOO ready to start this.

The program starts with a 5 minute walk warm up, then it dings and you run for 60 sec, walk for 90 secs. There are 8 run/walk sessions. After section number 5 I almost died....so I MADE myself get through section 6 and then just continued to walk instead of run the rest of the time. IT's HARD! But tonight I will do it again and I will go 7 times, even if it kills me.

My short term goal is to stick with this for ATLEAST 4 weeks. My long term goal.....run a 5k in the fall!
So there you have it!


ON ANOTHER NOTE:
My birthday is Friday and since we are going out of town that day Graham went ahead and gave me my present last night so I could play with it. He got me......................................................
MY VERY OWN SEWING MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over the years I have borrowed my moms and the last 6 to 9 months I have had Dotties (My MIL). I was SOOOO excited to have my own, and to have a new one (the only ones I have sewed on have been from like 1970)! I have been sewing addie and Ali things all day long!

Also- We took Addie to the Circus last weekend.....SHE HAD A BLAST! I will post more and pics soon!

I have to get back to my beloved machine :)

0 comments: