Welcome to our crazy life!

6.5.10

Training for 5k

So I have been running everyday (except one) for two weeks. I am not good at it at all, BUT I am seeing some improvement. When I started I seriously could only run for maybe a minute and I was about to die. Now I am up to half a mile! Last week I was asked by a friend to run a 5k in September. I REALLY want to do this! A couple of weeks ago when I started the first time I was going about it the wrong way. I wanted to loose weight and that was why I was running. Now I don't even care about my weight (I put the scale up and WILL NOT get it out again), I want to run........I want to prove to myself (and Graham) that I CAN DO THIS! I WILL DO THIS! I also learned that I cant take days off, on my "rest" days I just walk. But I ALWAYS do something. If I miss a day I will not pick it back up. Even though I can only do 1/2 a mile I already feel like I've accomplished something. Its very nice to finish and feel like I accomplished something, even if it's just alittle bit more than the day before.

I've been bugging Graham that I "need" new running shoes. At first he said no (I bought new tennis shoes in February), he said he didn't want me spending money on shoes and use them for a week and stop. So we made a compromise, If I would keep with it for two weeks he wouldn't fuss. Welp, two weeks is up and I am still going strong! So Next week I am going to Fast Break to be fitted and get the best running shoes for my running style and foot! (It also helped that I rolled my ankle last night running, it made him feel bad)

Also, when I can run 2 miles without stopping or dieing I can get a new running outfit! LOL! The little things :) And when I finish the 5k in September, I get a Massage!! YAY!

I also have started a Women of the Bible study to go along with my "New Life" and I LOVE IT! I didn't realize how much I was thirsting for the Word! I get up early every morning and do my study before ellie gets here and Addie gets up. It starts my day off right and I have a better day because of it!

0 comments: