Welcome to our crazy life!

25.6.09

My Perfect Job


Since Addie was born Graham has given me the best gift he could ever give me, he works very hard so that I can be a stay-at-home mommie. I could NEVEr Ever tell him how much this means to me.


Let me back up, growing up I didn't play house, I played business. My dream from a small age was to have a business, work as a CEO or something along that line. I know, BIG dreams, lol. As I got older and started studying business in college my dreams changed. I wanted to graduate college, move to New York City and world with the Stock Exchange. After taking a few international finance classes I decided that I wanted to work with money exchanges. I graduated with my Bachelor's of Finance and got married. I started looking for my perfect job, nine months into our marriage, Graham and I found out we were pregnant. Now, I am not going to lie, I was alittle upset at the very first. I had always wanted to have a career, be successful, and have my own money before kids. I really thought I didn't want kids till I was 30ish. God had a different plan! Isn't it funny how we make all these plans and the God throws us a curve ball as if to say, "haha, your not in control, I AM!" Instead of continuing the search for a perfect job and having to leave as soon as I got it, I put that on hold. Eight months later we were blessed to welcome Addison Nell Hines into the world!


When Addie was born I quit my job because I knew IF Graham made me go back to work I was going to do something in my field of study. When my 6 weeks were up I had a break down and told him I didn't want to go to work, I wanted to stay at home with my angel. I remember him laughing and saying, "honey if that is what you want, that's fine. We will be fine! We may not be able to take grand vacations, buy a big house, but I'm willing to put that all on hold if you want to stay home." See Graham thought I wanted to go to work, he had no idea I wanted to stay at home! Silly Graham, what mother doesn't want to stay at home??


So that began the journey of my "Perfect Job". I had NO idea that being a house-wife and stay-at-home mom would be my dream job, but it is, and it is what God intended all along! Even though my bonuses are smiles, hugs and kisses Money could never compare! I love walking into Addie's room every morning and seeing her hair all crazy, jumping around in her crib, then seeing me and holding her arms out. BY FAR the best part of my day!


Over the past 16 months I have become EXTREMELY domestic. I cook dinner and have it on the table every evening at 5:30 on the dot! I make a meat and one veggie side. I bake CONSTANTLY and really don't understand why Graham and I are loosing weight instead of gaining??lol. I clean everyday all day, I am constantly picking up toys, and loose snacks Addie and Ellie throw on the floor. I steam mop my floors in the kitchen and living room ATLEAST 2 times a day and I vaccum my rug in the living room ATLEAST 3 times a day! I do laundry on Mondays and usually Thursday or Friday. But all this cleaning and baking is not all I do...............I attend and sometimes host Tea Parties, picnics, I play dress up and take pictures, I watch Barney and play outside. Sometimes we get a blanket and lay in the yard and read books, this is something my mom did with me and I LOVE doing it with my little girl! I change LOTS of diapers, Lately we have been running to the potty constantly too! I give baths, I sing silly songs, we dance and we make tents under the kitchen table! Don't get me wrong all this play is very tiring and when Addie takes a nap........I have to clean up!


I love my life and hope it lasts forever! Thank you to my most AMAZING husband for giving me this opportunity! I LOVE YOU!

0 comments: